I’m the proud mommy of three amazing (young) sons, and spend most of my time chasing them around while trying to squeeze in freelance writing and consulting work during their nap and bed times.
Before kids, my husband and I had the opportunity to travel extensively and we hope to start that back up again once our youngest is old enough. Since kids, my husband and I hope to get the opportunity to sleep more than three hours a night.
Here are some other fun facts about me:
- I majored in Psychology yet my entire corporate career has been in the financial services industry.
- I am a mother of “Advanced Maternal Age” – a lovely medical term meaning that all of my children were born after the age of 35.
- Antarctica is on my bucket list! It is the only continent I have yet to visit.
- I spent time as a Domestic Violence Victims’ Advocate for the local police department and am passionate about this cause.
- We have the friendliest 10-lb. wagging ball of fluff at home who is spoiled rotten.
- I am an unabashed fan of reality TV – the trashier, the better.
- My favorite place on earth is Hawaii (Oahu, Kauai, Maui, and the Big Island – in that order). Close behind are California (fortunately we live here!), Italy, Costa Rica, New Zealand, and Bali.
- My idea of a good time is good friends, good wine, good food, and good conversation – preferably in an exotic or fun location.
- Many years, pounds, and kids ago, I used to run marathons. Remind me to start training again to get my runners body back!
- My husband and I were very much on the fence about having children (leaning towards NO); fast forward five years and we now have three! And couldn’t be happier.
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you stick around a while, and I’d love to connect via any of my social media channels. Even better would be a personal note – if so inclined, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org.